This pattern has been covered in medical literature for years, but is not effectively alleviated by thyroid replacement hormones. The majority of thyroid hormone is in the form of T4, which is metabolically inactive, and has to be converted to T3 for use in the body. Most thyroid drugs are synthetic T4, which isn’t deficient in this pattern. It’s the conversion of the hormone, which takes place in the liver and GI system, that’s the problem. This pattern is common with chronic adrenal stress and elevated cortisol levels in the body.
Read More about the Six Patterns of Low Thyroid Function
Click on the links below:
- The only time to use Iodine or Selenium to restore normal Thyroid Function.
- Primary Hypothyroidism is a thyroid treatable condition.
- Suppressed Hypothalamus-Pituitary function from exogenous Melatonin, Somatostatin, Impaired Vasomotor control leading to Ischemia of the Blood-Brain-Barrier, Hypothalamus, Hippocampus and Pituitary.
- Hippocampus, hypothalamic and pituitary suppression of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) production results in Low Thyroid Symptoms.
- Cortisol imbalances causing downstream production of thyroid suppressing corticosteroid hormones measured by the Genova Complete Hormone Panel.
- Thyroid hormone suppressing corticosteroid hormones mimic Low Thyroid Symptoms.
- Thyroid Overconversion is directly linked to Insulin Resistance and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Insulin resistance and PCOS symptoms mimic Low Thyroid Symptoms.
- Thyroid Hormone Binding Elevation is a pattern associated with elevation of Multiple Estrogens caused by impaired clearance due to Hepatic Portal Hypertension, and/or bacterial toxins preventing clearance of hormones from the body. Another factor to consider is alteration to the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Gonad (HPG) Axis.
- Elevation in Estrogen mimic Low Thyroid Symptoms.
- Thyroid Resistance is caused by cellular inflammation occurring throughout the body. An possibility is failure to adequately monitor Thyroid Hormone Medications.
- Cellular Inflammation and improper Thyroid Hormone Medication dosage mimics Low Thyroid Symptoms.