Functional Medicine is the science of treating the human body’s imbalances by using natural supplements and therapies based upon research and technologically advanced testing.
You can live an active, age-defying, disease free life! Our Functional Medicine team at Wellness Alternatives endeavors to detect and recognize imbalances before they become chronic disease, debilitating illness, or tumors. This makes Functional Medicine of great interest to those who live in a pre-disease, symptomatic state who suffer without knowing why.
Visually, the graph above depicts where Functional Medicine lies in the plane of Traditional Medicine. The gray area of health is where we focus, the preventative state, before the aches, pains and fatigue get to a point where disease is evident. No other facet in health care will provide you with an explanation of 1) why you are where you are and 2) an action plan of how to get you back on track to Optimal Health.
Functional Medicine recognizes that each body part plays a role in maintaining health. We are able to interpret the functions and alterations in metabolism. Our staff understands the complex series of vicious cycles occurring in your body that feed each other. Conservative therapies such as body work, diet, nutrition, and lifestyle changes are utilized to optimize and change physiology. Our specialists in Functional Endocrinology scientifically identify, naturally treat, and provide ongoing support to unlock these vicious cycles of hormonal and biochemical imbalances in order to restore health.
The goal of Functional Medicine using Kharrazian protocols, is to assist your body in returning to dynamic balance. We work to:
- Identify and manage any therapies or supplements contributing to current condition. i.e. Bone broth or Probiotics with an Autoimmune condition.
- Identify and manage any Progressive Destructive Inflammation
- Identify and manage imbalances in the NEI Supersystem
- Neurotransmitters – Travel through the blood regulating blood flow, hormone and immune responses.
- Identify and manage any anemias
- Red blood cells – Identify altered red blood cell shapes preventing the carrying of oxygen to the body and carbon dioxide away
- Anemia – Inability to carry oxygen to the body and carbon dioxide away
- There are twelve different types of anemias
- Identify and manage physiological causes preventing adrenal rehabilitation
- Identify and manage any blood sugar management disorders
- Identify and manage any and all gastrointestinal disorders and microbial imbalances
- Identify and manage diet and food sensitivities
- Identify and manage any structural alterations causing stress to the body
While acknowledging the existence of disease and altered functional states, our doctors and team focus on the underlying processes and seek a treatment which removes, replaces, repairs and restores the underlying events causing the problem.
Wellness Alternatives will save you tremendous time, energy and resources by prioritizing the systems that profoundly and positively impact your body’s physiology.
To make an appointment, please call 530-615-4083 or email Dr. Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.